Thursday, August 27, 2009

Duscha


Mom thought I should write about this...

Yesterday morning mom found a little baby bunny, she went to check on it later in the day to make sure it was still okay and she found 2 dead ones and 2 live ones (1 of them was the bunnie from earlier in the day). Since the bunnies are old enough to live on their own, when wild baby bunnies aren't old enough to live on their own the have a white blaze on their forehead, that is how mommy knew. Mom decided to take the two live ones and put them in a box with water and different grass and stuff from in the yard. These babies both looked like runts of the litter, they fit in mommas hand. The one didn't make it through the night, momma didn't think he would make it he wasn't very active.

Here are two pictures of them from yesterday.

Both of them together the one that is kinda stretched out is the one that is still alive.
Another picture of the survivor.

Mom named the survivor Duscha, it means divine spirit. She thinks that Duscha will make it. Mom wants to hold onto her till she gets a bit bigger and is more capable of getting away from predators. Luckily wild bunnies never really become tame and revert back to their wild selves when they are released. Mom has been letting her lick kitten formula off her fingers, Duscha seems to like it but also eats the grass and is pottying by herself.

Pictures from today. In the last picture Duscha was falling asleep in moms lap.





Hopefully Duscha will make it to adulthood, mom read that up to 95% of bunnies don't make it to 6 months old. :(

Kali

3 comments:

Asta said...

Hi Kali
Thank you fow visiting me and becoming my fwiend..I think you awe awfully cute and I'm going to come visit you often if that's OK.

That little suwvivow bunny suwe is a doll. I'm sowwy that the othew little ones didn't make it. I hope Dusha will.
Youw Mom is a sweetie fow twying to help them.
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Bijou said...

Oh baby bunnies! I like to chase them out of our yard. They get in mom's flower beds and dig holes. I don't know what would happen if I ever caught one.

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

wow - we hope she is okay - we will light a candle for her

Thanx again for all the support for Woodrow - hopefully the power of the paw will prevail - We are going to try and catch up on our bloggies today - but please be patient

Deb
Woodrow - Sweetie - MJ